AARP Click & Learn Sweepstakes
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID OUTSIDE THE 50 UNITED STATES AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA AND WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
1. Eligibility. To be eligible for the AARP Click & Learn Sweepstakes ("Sweepstakes"), as of the start of the Sweepstakes Period (defined below), entrants must (i) be legal residents of the fifty (50) United States or the District of Columbia, (ii) be at least twenty-one (21) years old, and (iii) have Internet access.
Officers, directors, and employees of AARP ("Sponsor") and its partners, affiliated companies, and advertising agencies are not eligible to participate, and each of their immediate family members and/or those living in the same household (whether legally related or not) of each are not eligible to participate in the Sweepstakes. Participation constitutes entrant's full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes.
2. Timing. The Sweepstakes starts on April 1, 2016 at 12 am Eastern Time ("ET") and all entries must be received no later than November 30, 2016 at 11:59 pm ET. Entrants are responsible for determining the appropriate beginning and ending times in their respective time zones.
3. How to Enter. During the Sweepstakes Period, visit the sweepstakes landing page to learn more about the videos in each Sweepstakes category: Social Media, Tablets & Phones, Online Safety, and Connected Life. Click on each topic to view a complete list of Sweepstakes-eligible videos (marked with an asterisk). When the eligible video begins, click on the Enter for a chance to win a $50 or $2,500 gift card button in the top right and enter your name, email address, and zip code. Then, watch the video and answer the question in the middle of the video. You are not required to answer the question correctly. You are awarded one Sweepstakes upon the completion of these two tasks.
No software-generated, robotic, programmed, script, macro or other automated online or text message submissions are permitted. There is a maximum of one (1) entry per person per video. The odds of winning the Sweepstakes depend on the number of eligible entries received.
4. Selection. Monthly prizes will be awarded on or about the last day of each month (beginning in April 2016). Grand prize will be awarded on or around November 30, 2016. Sponsor will randomly select potential winners from all eligible entries.
5. Prize. One grand prize: a $2,500 e-gift card (awarded on or around November 30, 2016). 9 Monthly Prizes (awarded at the end of each month): $50 e-gift cards. Prize is non-transferable. No prize substitutions allowed, except that Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to substitute a prize of equal or greater value. Prizes may not be sold, bartered or exchanged by the winner. All details of any prize not specified herein shall be determined solely by Sponsor. By accepting a prize, winner acknowledges compliance with these Official Rules. All federal, state, or other tax liabilities arising from this Sweepstakes are the sole responsibility of the winner.
6. Winner Notification. On or about the last day of each month (beginning in April 2016), Sponsor will notify the selected winner by e-mail. The selected potential winner must respond within forty-eight (48) hours or an alternative potential winner will be randomly selected.
7. Release. Where permitted by law, the selected potential winner may be required to submit a publicity release and limitation of liability. Failure to complete such documents may also result in the selection of an alternate potential winner. Acceptance of the offer to be published signifies the entrant's agreement and consent that Sponsor and its designees may use the entrant's name, city, state, likeness, photo, and essay in connection with the promotion of the Sweepstakes, advertising or other purposes, worldwide, in any and all media now known or hereafter devised, including the Internet, without limitation and without further payment, notification, permission or other consideration, except where prohibited by law.
10. General Conditions. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Sweepstakes, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Sweepstakes, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Sponsor, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the operation of the Sweepstakes or to be acting in violation of the Official Rules. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages and other remedies (including attorneys' fees) from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor's failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. All interpretations of these Official Rules and decisions by Sponsor are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes.
11. Limitations of Liability. By entering the Sweepstakes, entrants agree to release Sponsor and its employees, agents, affiliated companies, and advertising agencies ("Released Entities") from any and all liability arising from: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by writer, printing, typographical or other errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the Sweepstakes; (4) printing, typographical, technical, computer, network or human error which may occur in the administration of the Sweepstakes, the announcement in any Sweepstakes-related materials; or (5) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrants participation in the Sweepstakes. Entrants further agree to release Released Entities from any and all liability arising from malfunctions of computer systems, servers, providers, hardware/software, lost or unavailable network connections or failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmission or any combination thereof.
12. Governing Law. The Sweepstakes is governed by the laws of the District of Columbia, with jurisdiction and venue in Washington, DC, and all claims must be resolved in the courts of Washington, DC.
13. Winner List. To receive notice of the winner, mail a self-addressed, stamped envelope to be received November 30, 2016, to: AARP Interact and Win! Sweepstakes, AARP, 601 E Street, N.W., Washington, D.C. 20049.
14. Sponsor. AARP, 601 E Street, N.W., Washington, D.C. 20049.
© 2016 AARP. All rights reserved.