AARP Interact & Win! Sweepstakes
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID OUTSIDE THE 50 UNITED STATES AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA AND WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
1. Eligibility. To be eligible for the AARP Interact & Win! Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”), as of the start of the Sweepstakes Period (defined below), entrants must (i) be legal residents of the fifty (50) United States or the District of Columbia, (ii) be at least twenty-one (21) years old, and (iii) have Internet access.
Officers, directors, and employees of AARP (“Sponsor”) and its partners, affiliated companies, and advertising agencies are not eligible to participate, and each of their immediate family members and/or those living in the same household (whether legally related or not) of each are not eligible to participate in the Sweepstakes. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes.
2. Timing. The Sweepstakes starts on January 1, 2017 at 12 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) and all entries must be received no later than December 31, 2017 at 11:59 p.m. ET. Entrants are responsible for determining the appropriate beginning and ending times in their respective time zones.
3. How to Enter. During the Sweepstakes Period, visit the AARP Academy landing page – Learn and Tech subpages – to learn more about the videos in each Sweepstakes category: Work & Jobs, Family Caregiving, Tablets & Phones, Social Media, Online Safety, and Connected Life. Click on each topic to view a complete list of Sweepstakes-eligible videos. When the eligible video begins, click on the Enter for a chance to win a $50 gift card button in the top right and enter your name, email address, and zip code. Then, watch the video and answer the question in the middle of the video. You are not required to answer the question correctly. You are awarded one Sweepstakes upon the completion of these two tasks.
No software-generated, robotic, programmed, script, macro or other automated online or text message submissions are permitted. There is a maximum of one (1) entry per person per video. The odds of winning the Sweepstakes depend on the number of eligible entries received.
4. Selection. Monthly prizes will be awarded on or about the last day of each month (beginning in January 2017). Sponsor will randomly select potential winners from all eligible entries. Limit one (1) prize per person. If selected winner has won the Prize during a previous month, winner will be disqualified and Sponsor will select a new potential winner from all remaining eligible entries.
5. Prize. 1 Monthly Prize (awarded at the end of each month): $50 e-gift card. Prize is non-transferable. No prize substitutions allowed, except that Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to substitute a prize of equal or greater value. Prizes may not be sold, bartered or exchanged by the winner. All details of any prize not specified herein shall be determined solely by Sponsor. By accepting a prize, winner acknowledges compliance with these Official Rules. All federal, state, or other tax liabilities arising from this Sweepstakes are the sole responsibility of the winner.
6. Winner Notification. On or about the last day of each month (beginning in January 2017), Sponsor will notify the selected winner by e-mail. The selected potential winner must respond within forty-eight (48) hours or they will forfeit the opportunity to win the prize. If selected winner does not respond within this timeframe or if notification is returned as undeliverable, the sponsor will select a different potential winner and notify them via email. If this second potential winner does not respond within 48 hours or if notification is returned as undeliverable, no winner will be awarded that month.
7. Release. Where permitted by law, the selected potential winner may be required to submit a publicity release and limitation of liability. Failure to complete such documents may also result in the selection of an alternate potential winner. Acceptance of the offer to be published signifies the entrant’s agreement and consent that Sponsor and its designees may use the entrant’s name, city, state, likeness, photo, and entry in connection with the promotion of the Sweepstakes, advertising or other purposes, worldwide, in any and all media now known or hereafter devised, including the Internet, without limitation and without further payment, notification, permission or other consideration, except where prohibited by law.
8. Intellectual Property Rights. Each entrant shall retain ownership of all intellectual property rights in each submitted entry (including moral rights) subject to these Official Rules. However, by entering the Sweepstakes, and to the extent allowed by law, each entrant grants Sponsor and its affiliates, licensees, promotional partners, developers and third party marketing entities a non-exclusive, perpetual, worldwide, royalty-free license to edit, modify, cut, rearrange, add to, delete from, copy, reproduce, adapt, publish, exploit and use the submitted entry throughout the world, and in any manner, for trade, advertising, promotional, commercial, or any other purposes without further review, notice, approval, consideration, or compensation.
10. General Conditions. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Sweepstakes, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Sweepstakes, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Sponsor, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the operation of the Sweepstakes or to be acting in violation of the Official Rules. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages and other remedies (including attorneys’ fees) from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. All interpretations of these Official Rules and decisions by Sponsor are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes.
11. Limitations of Liability. By entering the Sweepstakes, entrants agree to release Sponsor and its employees, agents, affiliated companies, and advertising agencies (“Released Entities”) from any and all liability arising from: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by writer, printing, typographical or other errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the Sweepstakes; (4) printing, typographical, technical, computer,
network or human error which may occur in the administration of the Sweepstakes, the announcement in any Sweepstakes-related materials; or (5) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrants participation in the Sweepstakes. By participating and accepting a prize, each winner agrees to indemnify and hold harmless AARP and participating wholesalers for injuries, damages or losses that may be sustained in connection with ownership, use or misuse of the prize. Entrants further agree to release Released Entities from any and all liability arising from malfunctions of computer systems, servers, providers, hardware/software, lost or unavailable network connections or failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmission or any combination thereof.
12. Governing Law. The Sweepstakes is governed by the laws of the District of Columbia, with jurisdiction and venue in Washington, DC, and all claims must be resolved in the courts of Washington, DC.
13. Winner List. To receive notice of the winner, mail a self-addressed, stamped envelope to be received by January 31, 2018, to: AARP Interact and Win! Sweepstakes, AARP, 601 E Street, N.W., Washington, D.C. 20049.
14. Sponsor. AARP, 601 E Street, N.W., Washington, D.C. 20049.
© 2016 AARP. All rights reserved.